User interface issue with JACE web browser
Revision: NiagaraAX Releases 3.6u4, 3.7u1 and 3.8R
Product: NiagaraAX WebUI
Oracle has just released Java 7 Update 65 which appears to cause the Niagara web applet to fail to load completely. This issue may affect your customers who accept the default automatic Java upgrade. When attempting to connect to a Niagara station through a web browser using a Wb WebProfile, the web browser halts while loading images on pxPages. Refresh of the browser typically triggers the completion of the page loading.
Updated versions of bajaui, gx, raster and workbench jars have been created that function properly with Java 1.7.0_65. Users will need to update these jar files using the Workbench "Software Manager". Updated files will be available as part of upcoming Niagara 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 maintenance builds, as well as the downloadable archive described below.
|Please make sure you have the latest versions of modules for the base release prior to installing the attached patches.|
Table 1.1 Update Version vs Niagara Versions
|Update Code||Niagara Version|
|Niagara AX 184.108.40.206 patch build, commonly referred to as 3.7.106 consolidated patches, is a required prerequisite for installation of the 3.7.106 version of bajaui.jar, gx.jar, and workbench.jar.|
Download and install bajaui.jar, gx.jar, raster.jar and workbench.jar for 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 stations. The download JavaUpdate65Patches.zip is a password protected archive, password=niagara. Follow the instructions below for the version installed. Remember to clear caches on the client workstation after updating!
Download the JavaUpdate65Patches.zip below
Archive password = niagara
Supervisor Installation - Revision 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8
- Restart Workbench/ProBuilder and the Niagara Station.
JACE/JENE Installing Using Workbench/ProBuilder - Revision 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8
- Copy bajaui.jar, gx.jar, raster.jar, and workbench.jar to /modules folder on your workstation machine using Windows Explorer.
- Restart Workbench/ProBuilder (if same installation as above Supervisor workstation, omit).
- Open a platform connection to the JACE/JENE to be updated
- Using the "Software Manager" platform view, select bajaui.jar, gx.jar, raster.jar, and workbench.jar
- Select the Update button and then the Commit button to install just as any other module update.
- The JACE/JENE will restart as a normal part of this process.
Clear the various caches associated with the browser.
- Clear the browser's cache. Clear the temporary internet files, cookies, and history.
- Delete all the files in the "wbapplet" cache (Note: is the Windows user): \niabara\wbapplet
Delete everything in the "Secondary Applet" cache (Note: is the Windows user):
- Windows 7: \AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Development\cache
- Windows XP: \Application data\sun\java\deployment\cache
- Restart the browser (this also clears the session cookies).
- Log in.